Needed an easy dinner, cooked Green Beans on one side and a quick chicken on the other--the chicken could have used more flavoring, next time I will use more seasoning instead of salt and pepper!
- 3 pounds fresh green beans trimmed
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock or broth optional
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and pour on top of the green beans. Cook on Low for 6 hours.
- 4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained
- 2 Tablespoons basil
- 1 cup heavy cream
Heat large skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil.
Combine flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour mixture and place in skillet. Brown chicken on each side for 2 minutes and place on the bottom of slow cooker.
Add chicken stock, sun dried tomatoes and basil.
Cook on LOW for about 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through completely.
Add heavy cream and serve